A very 'hands on' decorating class, this course is a great starting point for anyone interested in professional cake decoration. This course will give you the ability and confidence to design and decorate fondant covered cakes with complete confidence everytime! Plus the useful skills you will learn in professionally preparing, layering and covering your own celebration cake can be applied to other birthday or novelty cakes you make going forward.
This course covers:
- How to make a vanilla cake with the perfect texture for carving and covering.
- How to make Buttercream Icing.
- How to carve and level your cake.
- How to correctly â€œcrumb coatâ€ your cake.
- How to correctly roll fondant for big cakes to achieve a smooth finish.
- How to use CMC to make modelling paste.
- How to make a layered bow and add stitching detail to it.
- How to correctly cover your cake board and adding ribbon to it.
During the course you will work with a 6â€ vanilla cake and you will leave the course with the inspiration to create your own beautiful and unique celebration cakes to wow your friendâ€™s and family.
Full notes including recipe guidelines will be given to take away.
N.B: If you cant find a suitable date on our website or if you would like to make a large group booking, please contact us on 0791105617 and we may be able to make other dates available to you.
**Please note** Once you fill in a booking form, a place is held and reserved for you, preventing anybody else from booking that space. Payment for reserved courses is due up to 72 hrs from the time of booking. If payment is not received within 72hrs, the booking becomes void and the place is made available to the public once again.